Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bumbershoot, Day One - !!!


Up to this point, I had stuck with my game plan for the day.  However, after Beat Connection, I deided to skip the rest of the already-in-progress set by Gus & Scout and instead hang out at the Fisher Pavilion to get a better position in the audience to watch Sacramento's !!! (pronounced Chk-Chk-Chk).  Their music can be described as acid space groove funk rock, and they boast the most flamboyant and entertaining singer since Mick Jagger. He even wore a pair of shorts with the Some Girls cover on them on stage.  This was a terrifically entertaining set, with the singer frequently leaping into the audience to crowd surf or just cause general mayhem (in a good way).  I can't believe I missed these guys at The Earl earlier this summer.  Anyway, if your brain functions anything like mine, you get a serious jolt of serotonin from an outlandish but seriously funky performance like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment