Monday, September 2, 2013

Bumbershoot, Day Three - The Men


If Superchunk was an early-afternoon kick in the pants, The Men's set at the Fountain Lawn was like getting punched in the face, repeatedly, for a full 45 minutes.  But in a good way.  Loud, uncompromising, confrontational, and fun, this Brooklyn band lives up to its hype.

I actually skipped Alt-J for this.  With all due respect to The Men, the main reason I skipped Alt-J was because I would have to have been on line from the time the gates opened at 11:00 am to get into Key Arena to hear their set.  I heard there were actually lines to get into the line for the Key Arena performances, and unlike Death Cab For Cutie last night, there were no live simulcasts of the Alt-J performance at any of the busy stages.  

It's all good though, because I have tickets to see Alt-J with Lord Huron later this month back home in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment