Friday, December 20, 2013

Thee Oh Sees Abide

Thee Oh Sees at Terminal West, November 2, 2013
Well, that was a close one!  After San Francisco Weekly initially reporting that Thee Oh Sees, the greatest North American rock band that are not Black Mountain, were on "indefinite hiatus," frontman John Dwyer published this disclaimer on Thee Oh Sees website:

DEAR OH SEES FANS,
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.
THE BAND IS NOT BREAKING UP.
THIS IS JUST A WELL DESERVED BREAK AND A TRANSITIONAL PERIOD.
A NEW THEE OH SEES LP WILL BE OUT EARLY 2014
AND WE WILL SEE WHERE THE LIVE SHOW GOES FROM THERE...
UNTIL THEN, BE WELL
JPD


This is the music I hope they play at my funeral.  Hell, this is the music I want to hear most of the time while I'm still alive.  This is the music that lets me know I'm still alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment