Saturday, October 18, 2014

Little Five Points Halloween Parade, The Musical


In addition to the usual (and unusual) marching bands and assorted Halloween-themed floats, the L5P Halloween Parade featured a number of bands or possibly people pretending to be bands.  I couldn't tell - they all passed by so quickly, I couldn't really hear what they were playing or pretending to be playing and to be perfectly candid, unlike years past, I didn't hang around after the parade to catch any of the real, bona fide bands playing the stages tucked in and around Little Five Points.

In any event, here are the parade bands, as well as some other characteristically quirky characters from today's parade.




I didn't even notice the Big Lebowski impersonator in front of the faux Scooby-Doo band until after I came home and started editing my pictures.












The crowd was the largest I can recall seeing at this annual event.  The Atlanta Journal-Constitution unhelpfully estimated the crowds as vaguely in "the thousands."

No comments:

Post a Comment