Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday



I'm off to a lousy start, having missed the first of this week's six consecutive nights of shows.  While I'm here working tonight at the home office of Music Dissolves Water enterprises, Brooklyn's The World/Inferno Friendship Society are playing at The Earl and I'm not in the audience. 

I've never seen them, so I'm not going to pretend to be some sort of authority on their music.  I get a Gogol Bordello/Firewater kind of vibe from their videos, and some of the song titles from their recent album The Anarchy and the Ecstasy tell a lot about them:  I Am Sick of People Being Sick of My Shit, Canonize Philip K. Dick, OK?, They Talk of Nora's Badness, and The Politics of Passing Out.

The week's still young as we continue the countdown to Saturday night and Zola Jesus, and then the New England Patriots' total domination in the Superb Owl.

Image

1 comment:

  1. Well, if it's any consolation, I will only be able to make it to Zola Jesus. See you there. And now, Cinderella has to go to bed, ready for that 5:30 am alarm call.

    ReplyDelete