Sunday, March 8, 2015

Leaf House



March Madness is not off to a great start.  After the first couple nights of television episodes (hardly epic enough events to warrant memorialization), followed by a couple more nights of nothing at all, I came down with a vicious, can't-even-breathe, head cold that had me literally flat on my back (the only position in which my sinuses would allow the passage of any air at all) all weekend, and ruled out my attending La Luz at The Earl on Friday or Craft Spells at 529 on Saturday.  So my personal scorecard so far this year for attending March Madness events is 0 for 2.
  
I'm feeling a little better today, at least relative to the past couple of days, and I can breathe now and that's saying something.  However, I really do want to catch Hundred Waters at The Earl tonight, so I may push myself a bit and try to make the show.  The extra hour of daytime from last night's Spring Forward may give me a little more motivation (at least I won't have to be heading out after dark), and I'm fairly sure that with my symptoms down, I'm past the contagious stage of my cold, so my entertainment won't be at the cost of the health and well-being of others.

Staying inside the house with my cats all day yesterday reminded me of Animal Collective's Leaf House, from 2004's Sung Tongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment