Monday, April 20, 2015

Meanwhile, What's Going On With Thao?

Thao & The Get Down Stay Down at MFNW (RIP) 2013
I don't know what she's been up to lately, but today she shared this email exchange via Facebook:

Thao - I found you and the band after seeing your picture in an Oxfam mailing. You had a bowl of greens and one of the most luminous smiles I've ever seen, which drew me to google you up and listen and watch on YouTube. The music was great, different and poetic, a female Bob Dylan. However, watching carefully I almost never saw a flash of that smile and nothing sustained. It was disappointing. I know it's like asking someone to be happy, but I sure would like to see you consciously let that smile out when you perform, at least between songs. It would so add to the performance. Forgive my presumptiveness and all the best. I'm keeping an eye out for the opportunity to see you perform live closer to my neck of the woods, Chicago.
Ron (today at 12:13 pm)

Ron - I don't smile while I'm performing because I'm busy doing things, none of which are giving one teeny fuck what you think.
Regards,
Thao

Picture attached to Thao's reply

No comments:

Post a Comment