Wednesday, May 20, 2015

James Blake at Shaky Knees, Atlanta, May 8, 2015

Photo by Shaky Knees
Got sidetracked there before I could finish out by recap of Day One of Shaky Knees.  After Surfer Blood, Haerts, Mitski, John Grant, Wavves, Zella Day/Mac DeMarco, The Mountain Goats and American Football, I went back to the Buford Highway Stage tent, even though the sun was setting by then, to hear James Blake.  






It was a great set, enhanced by the creative use of stage lighting which was then finally possible due to the encroaching night.  But honestly, I don''t know if I have anything more to say about it other than to say that live, Blake sounds just like his recordings.


After James Blake, the only band left on the schedule for the day was The Strokes.  I left before they started playing, because they're The Strokes and it's not 2003 anymore.  However, I saw on the interwebs that Mac DeMarco joined them on stage for one song, so that must have been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment