Thursday, June 18, 2015

Shaky Knees Day Three - Heartless Bastards


I never got around to posting a retrospective of Day Three of Shaky Knees, and at this point, it looks like I may never accomplish it.


Or will I?  Certainly not starting from the beginning of Day Three, but today I came across this sample from Heartless Bastards' recent set at New York's Webster Hall, and that seems as good a place to start as any.  The Bastards played Shaky Knees in the middle of Sunday afternoon, mercifully beneath the tent at the Buford Highway Stage.



To be sure, it was warm under the tent, and Heartless Bastards did their best to keep up the heat, but at least we were out of the sun.  It was a fine set by a fine, often underrated, band, and there were no dull moments in their hour-long set.



Other sets from Day Three may (or may not) get reviewed when (and if) I  come across something that triggers a memory, or at least a post.  Not that the day was dull - far from it - it's just that the recent Georgia heat has made me lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment