Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Why I'm Not Going To See Joanna Gruesome Tonight



Joanna Gruesome are playing at The Drunken Unicorn tonight and I'm not going.

Doors are at 9:00, which means that at best the first band will start at around 9:30, but more likely 9:45 or 10:00.  There are four bands on the bill tonight (Gold Bears, King of Cats, Aye Nako, and Joanna Gruesome) and even at the best stage turnover rate, bands rarely start less than an hour apart. But even if we give them the benefit of the doubt and say 45 minutes, that means Joanna Gruesome won't even start playing until at least 12:30 am, or more likely sometime after 1:00 am.

It's a Tuesday night,  I had to work today, and I have to go to work tomorrow.  I can't stay out until 2:00 am or later and still be coherent the next day.  Long story short - I'm too old for this show.  

There, I said it.  Have fun, kids, and know that the old man won't be at the show tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment