Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Music Is Dead, Part IV


Another day, it seems, another festival announcement, this time for Washington State's Sasquatch Festival.  It was Sasquatch 2011, or more specifically, NPR's coverage of Sasquatch 2011, that gave me what I described as a case of "Sasquatch Fever" and had me soon thereafter travelling out to Seattle for Bumbershoot and Portland for MFNW (RIP), and when those wells finally ran dry, to Raleigh for Hopscotch and to Shaky Knees right here in Atlanta.  

So,anyway, this isn't a bad lineup at all, in fact it's very similar to Shaky Knees, but with a little bit of EDM and hip-hop thrown in to fill the additional stages. So if I had to rank the major festivals announced so far this year, I'd say Shaky Knees > Sasquatch > Governor's Ball > Coachella. 

Maybe music isn't really dead after all.  Maybe I'm just being a drama queen. 

Meanwhile, am I reading that poster right?  Digable Planets are back together?

No comments:

Post a Comment