Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Announcements

If you line in the Greater Atlanta Region, you better dust off your credit cards and make sure your credit's worthy, as there are a couple of tickets that you have to buy.

First is the inaugural Shaky Knees Festival which will be held at the godforsaken Masquerade and right next door at Atlanta's brand-spanking-new Historic Fourth Ward Park.  It's an interesting mix of performers, and while all aren't necessarily my favorites, there's certainly no one I don't like in the line-up.  Overall, though, it's as strong a lineup as I've seen in Georgia and any festival that takes place just a couple of miles from my house that features The Antlers, The Joy Formidable, The Black Angels, Oberhofer, and Hanni El Khatib will get my attention every time.


Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Thursday, February 7.  Don't miss this.

Meanwhile, the redoubtable Earl just announced the first Atlanta appearance (at least as far as I know) by Seattle's Pickwick, the best band you've never heard of.  Damien Jurado's a fan, and I saw him at a Pickwick concert in Portland during MFNW 2011.  

Tickets for this one go on sale Friday, February 8.  You'll be doing yourself a huge favor by going.

No comments:

Post a Comment