Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Don't Care


Last night, t.v. person Stephen Colbert got punked by Daft Punk (they didn't appear on his show due to some contractual problem with MTV), so instead he did an episode looking for the proverbial "Song of the Summer" of 2013, and wound up settling for Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines.  Not a bad pop song at all, but frankly it isn't the music you keep hearing wherever you go, that you can't seem to escape, that's serving as the unofficial soundtrack for the summer of 2013. It's not the earworm that you can't get out of your head no matter how hard you try.  That honor has to go to Icona Pop and their song I Don't Care.  I can't seem to escape that song.

It isn't my kind of music at all what with its EDM beats and repetitious, girl-pop lyrics, but I have to admit that any time I hear it, my first reaction is always to play it again.  Every time.  I bet you've already watched the video above twice, didn't you?

I'll be seeing Icona Pop at Bumbershoot on August 31.  They're performing right after Thao & The Get Down Stay Down and before !!!, and if I'm lucky, I might be able to squeeze in a little of the second half of Gus + Scout's set immediately after Icona Pop.

Good luck getting the song out of my head after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment