Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chvrches at the Doug Fir, Portland, September 5, 2013


KEXP has released the video of their early morning (10:30 am) set by Scotland's Chvrches during MFNW, and dude, I was there!  The set kicked off what was quite likely the most awesome day of the whole six-day festival, which reminds me that I'm past due on posting a retrospective (I did finally get caught up on posting the pics to Flickr, though).  KEXP had a photo-nazi volunteer working the show, though, who kept stopping anybody trying to take a picture (even though the sign said "No flash photography," implying non-flash photography was acceptable as in years past), but whatever, I was still able to sneak in a couple of close-ups of Lauren Mayberry.


Chvrches will be playing Variety Playhouse in Atlanta on Tuesday, November 26.  No word yet on the opening band.

No comments:

Post a Comment