Sunday, August 11, 2013

Planning


Not to be too OCD/anal compulsive about it, but I've already got my full stage-by-stage, venue-by-venue schedule already worked out for both Bumbershoot and MFNW.  There were definitely some hard trade-offs to consider, as well as some frankly relative bare spots in the nine-day schedule, but I think I've successfully maximized my opportunities.

And then I get an e-mail form MFNW saying that there's still more options to consider.  To promote sale of their VIP wristbands (which I've purchased), they're putting on some VIP-only parties, including this:


THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH

Hott Summer Nights @ Marmoset (2105 SE 7th)
When: 4pm – 9pm
Presented By: Marmoset, MusicfestNW & MailChimp

This will overlap with the shows I was planning to see that day at the lovely Pioneer Courthouse Square ("Portland's Living Room"), including Pacific Air, Youth Lagoon, and Young the Giant.  But I've already seen Youth Lagoon at the intimate Drunken Unicorn (liked him) and Young the Giant at Music Midtown (meh), and on top of that, yesterday I was able to stream the live performances by both of those bands at the Outside Lands festival in San Francisco.  Although I've already seen The Love Language, Radiation City, and Fruit Bats, the choice appears pretty obvious:  seven good bands plus some celebrity DJs for three bands, two of whom I've seen before, both live and on line.  And I'll still get out in time to catch Diana and Austra at the Star Theater later that night, and then a set by The Men across the street (more or less) at Dante's.

And then there's still the KEXP Bumbershoot Lounge performances to try to get into, as well as their free MFNW daytime sets at the Doug Fir.

No comments:

Post a Comment