Monday, August 12, 2013

Scheming


Thao at Smith's Olde Bar, March 18, 2013
It should be no secret to readers of this blog that I'm a fan of Thao Nguyen and her band, The Get Down Stay Down.  So you can imagine my satisfaction when I won tickets today to see her perform a private, KEXP radio set at the intimate Bumbershoot Music Lounge. 

The performance will be at noon on Saturday, August 31, and will in fact kick off the Bumbershoot festival for me.  And if that weren't enough of Thao, I'll get to see her perform again later that afternoon on the Fountain Lawn Stage (my favorite stage at Bumbershoot) for her main festival set.

Not to sound obsessive or anything, but I'll also be seeing the band the following Saturday (September 7) when they open for The Head and The Heart at the lovely Pioneer Courthouse Square ("Portland's Living Room") during MFNW.  And then again in November when the Thao/Head and The Heart tour comes to the Buckhead Theater. Four times in a little over two months, including three times in one week, including two times in one day.

In the interest of sharing, here they are playing a set that aired yesterday on WNYC.  I don't know when this was recorded, as they played Saturday at San Francisco's Outside Lands Festival.  

No comments:

Post a Comment